College...as opposed to school was something of a phenomenon in my mind. I was in awe of the whole college atmosphere even before i entered it...thanks again largely to my elder sister. She always came up with coll anecdotes about what happened at college, how the profs were etc etc. I was mesmerised!! College was supposed to be a great place...or so i thought!!...
After the strictness of school, the lenient discipline of college made me take college for granted...BIG MISTAKE!! In the end, i escaped with minor injuries after my battle with college (11th and 12th)...the most severe of them being my scholarship, which was granted really really late. By late i mean almost 3-4 months late!! ;)
By the time i knew it, the two years of college were over in a flurry of activities...fooling around, studying for the IIT-JEE, studying some more and a little more of studying. Oh and yeah, a little more of studying. But, strangely, i thought that the IIT studies were great fun. I got to solve the problems that seemed challenging and that was exhilarating for me.
But, i also kept up with my sports...Badminton was my new favourite...as with the other sports, it gave me a sense of individuality. I could do what i wanted to within the rules of the game. And even made a record of sorts by being hit by the shuttle on every possible part of my anatomy...ranging from the eyes and head to my ...what are you guys thinking...to my stomach!!..But still, it was fun.
Getting back to college, nothing of great importance happened save a few incidents, which apparently were more important for my friends as i would give them a constant source of laughter. I would either trip over a steel truss that even a blind man would have avoided, try and sit on a stool that were never there (i actually thought it was there...i was not trying to grab attention...seriously), get unbelievable scoldings from the profs and on top of that attend college only twice a week..that too only for practicals (because of this most people in the college knew me and i dint know more than 5-10 people...but on a more optimistic note...I WAS POPULAR!! ;) ) As a result the college authorities threatened to not give me my Hall Ticket for my boards...but ultimately, i won the cold war...and got the hall ticket and with that i got a bonus too...horrendous marks in boards!! :)
The next step was engineering...but for that i guess you guys will have to wait till the next post...till then...enjoy!!
- Aashish
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Recollections of Life - Junior College
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"But, strangely, i thought that the IIT studies were great fun. I got to solve the problems that seemed challenging and that was exhilarating for me."
Yes, weird. And how so very strange...
"I WAS POPULAR!! ;)"
yeah right. No really, I believe you... please, do go on with this flurry of truth...
"The next step was engineering...but for that i guess you guys will have to wait till the next post...till then...enjoy!!"
I don't actually know why I copy pasted that... forgot what I was gonna make fun of, I think...
Post a Comment