Custom Search

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Recollections of Life - Engineering (Part 4)

Hi guys...writing after a long time...so here goes...

2nd year (SE) was an anticlimax from FE, for me. I had this idea that i should appear for the JEE again. Some thought that it was a weird idea but my friends and family were very supportive and after a lot of hard work and sincere efforts i flunked. But i did clear the screening exam and missed a rank in the mains by 1 mark!! Yeah, it was terrible to accept it. IIT was a dream, which had been crushed. But life goes on. And more importantly im here to tell you guys what happened in SE...

SE started on a great note. I got my friend kicked out of class for 2 lectures on the trot. I imitated my professor and he started laughing and was thrown out. But, that started a trend that continues till date. I still make fun of profs, imitate them and try and get people kicked out of class; the only difference being that there are about 5-6 people more who are my partners in this crime!

I always thought that though i have got into Computer Engg, i'll be in a room full of geeks, save a few of them whom i knew. But, it was supposed to be the worst judgement of my life. I was in a class full of people like me..everyone loved to fool around. I got to know new people in the first couple of days (and my belief in my ability to remember names returned). But soon, i realized the reason for my confidence. I got to know people like so...

Ashwin - really intelligent
Akshad - really intelligent
Paris - really intelligent
Jay - really really intelligent...

I had managed to fuse everyone together and condense them into one person. So i thought they were all the same anyway! But they were and still are all very different...

I dont remember much about SE 1st sem (I'm blessed with a horrible memory. I can't much besides names and numbers) except the all important STRIKE against the fee-hike, which started in our college and sent ripples through all engg colleges in the city! I was a passive participant. I never came to college, but fully supported the people who helped in keeping the college closed for a week or so. God bless them all!!

But about SE, I do remember some teacher shouting "AREY LIKHOOOO NA" (Write it!!) incessantly, meeting a guy with a girls name (HE is now one of my closest friends), looking at people staring at a really good looking teacher who taught us only for a week, getting to know new friends, last minute submissions, copying the notes, print-out that took ages, printers that were as old as (or older than) my grandmother, the ratio of printers to students being close to 1:18237482136 etc etc. And to my credit, the more important things (read : REMEMBER-ABLE THINGS) took place in the 2nd semester.

- to be continued...

No comments: